The Municipal Court is shared between the Borough of Hopatcong and the Borough of Stanhope. Court is held virtually on Monday mornings. In-person sessions are held on a case-by-case basis only.
- Monday sessions start at 1:30 PM and are held virtually via Zoom. Please call the court if you need clarification of your court date and time or if you did not receive the Zoom invite.
- Violations Bureau Open Daily From 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- If you need the service of an interpreter, please notify the Municipal Court Administrator prior to your court appearance.
- Please advise the Municipal Court office in advance if you require an ADA accommodation.
NJ Judiciary Mission Statement
- We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
- Quality Service
During the COVID-19 pandemic, municipal courts have cancelled their in person court sessions. With the use of technology, certain cases may be able to be heard and adjudicated remotely. It is advised that you contact the court to set up a video court proceeding and provide your telephone and email address.
2022 Court Schedule