Fire Prevention Bureau
Prevent fires within the Borough of Hopatcong. Perform fire inspections and enforce the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code. Investigate fires and explosions which occur within the Borough. Coordinate with other law enforcement agencies as necessary. Educate the public to the dangers of fire.
The Bureau is a fully paid, part time agency headed by Chief Fire Marshal Bernard Kotchkowski. He is certified as a Fire Official/Fire Inspector, by the State of New Jersey. With years of Fire Prevention experience and having also served the Borough as a firefighter, he is well distinguished by receiving commendations in both the fields of fire-fighting and fire prevention. Please call (973) 770-1200 ext 170 for smoke certifications and ext 246 for all other inspections and permits.
Services Available at this Website, Click Links Below:
- Fire Prevention Permit Application
- Self Inspection Smoke Detectors - self inspections are no longer permitted, we have returned to in person inspections, please call for an
- Application for Smoke Detector Test
- Open Burning Regulations
- Requirements for Smoke Certificate Requirements
- Be Fire Wise Around Your Home